Thursday, October 28, 2010

Will i be single forever? serious advice please :(?

im just really really bad with boys. even just as friends..

to be fair there aren't many cute ones at my school but even the ones that are there just don't want to notice me. i really try hard to dress well and everything im just positive there is something with my personality.. maybe i'm just less approachable. i dont know.

i'm really shy. and it totally eats at me every day as i constantly play the role of the sidekick best friend to my friends who basically have guys drooling all over them - the one that always gives advice to the hot girl and fuels her ego while subtracting from my own. its really hard to talk about and i hate it when people ask you questions like 'do you even talk to ANY guys? have you ever even had a boyfriend?' i know at my age its really stupid to have a bf and all but i can't even remember a time EVER when a guy has liked me. seriously, i've always been the girl who pushes for people and then gets rejected(not like upfront but the people just stopped talking/awkward). i just don't understand or know what to do. i mean i try so hard to get ready in the morning and its just like who am i even trying to impress, right? :( i think sometimes people can even think im a bimbo with no personality because im so shy.



this seriously made me reach a new low, and it doesn't help that 99% of the songs on the radio have something to do with it all.. and also when you watch movies(or in real life too) and you see the guy raving about how awesome the girl is.. will anyone ever have anything like that to say about me. you know?



i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to combat this? or if anyone has been in the situation and would like to share + tell me how they got out of it?



i want to leave highschool being a changed person. someone who is totally confident and ready to take the world.. and that includes being able to talk to guys. everyones always like 'one day you'll find the one' but i dont think i ever will if i don't do something now and change.. if people don't like me now than how can i expect someone to in a few years. i dunno.



im really sorry if this was a lot. its just been on my mind.



lengthy answers would be really really appreciated. thanks xx



im in highschool btw.Will i be single forever? serious advice please :(?
Oh my gosh I know exactly how you feel no joke!

I'm in high school also and my school is small but the guys don't go after me, they go for my friends. It is the most annoying/frustrating thing when all guys go after one girl. I'm not confident at all and I'm the shy one out of my friends. I can be loud but I don't feel confident with guys so I'm quiet. Just me and another friend of mine have never had a boyfriend and we feel depressedd and we talk about it, I would talk to someone and not let it be bottled up inside of you because days I want to do nothing except lay around and think about how I want a boyfriend so bad. But I have hope that someday a guy will come and will think that I'm beautiful just the way I am. I also agree with everyone who says confidence is the key because it really is. We both have to be strong even though you just want to get away somedays. I want to leave my school too because maybe there is a guy out there and I'm just not in the right place. I always give my friends advise which lowers my confidence and I learned that the girls I was doing that to wasn't a true friend because your friends are supposed to build you up too. This probably didn't help at all but I had to reply cause this related to me so much. I hope that you find a guy one day that will make you feel on top of the world!Will i be single forever? serious advice please :(?
stop trying so hard, ur gonna just fluster urself and feel burned out..

dress for confidence, not for guys. make urself feel good, and as soon as u know it, guys will be coming to you.. don't go after guys, they'll approach you. just be patient ur still a kid lol
you might wanna hear this clip in this sermon, something concerning relationships comes up and i think a lot of people are unaware of this:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFHxOlm0dk
You know there have been different times when I felt like this. Once though a guy liked me but he's a jerk so I didn't go out with him or whatever. All I know is I'm going to change schools next year. That way it will be a whole new year, a whole new setting, a whole new start, and a whole new group of people. The people there won't know I'm often quiet at the school I'm at now. THey don't even know my name. I'm going to be totally changed in a good way! I'm going to go by middle name, I'm not going to be shy or held back at all, and I'm going to be super confident on my first day! I would highly suggest switching schools for next year and simply starting over with your life. A new school will give you the opportunity to get rid of all those ';flaws'; you think you have and also gain would you think you lack. :) I hope I helped!
hey, i'm a freshman in highschool and i know how you feel!

but i go to a really teeny weeny school so i dont feel bad that i dont have a boyfriend every five seconds because most are like brothers. but i've only had 2 boyfriends before. and like you i'm quite shy.



trust me when i say this.

1) its not you. if your looking for a boyfriend then you would want to be with someone you enjoy hanging out with. So you want someone compatible with. I guess you just haven't found someone your compatible with.

2) even if you are spending hours getting ready in the morning maybe its just not the right look for you. ask your girlfriends what they think about your hair and maybe somehow get a boys opinion.

3) i can not stress this enough. CONFIDENCE. boys are attracted to people who are confident. if you aren't confident then people are going to walk all over you and not see you as a compatible person.



i hope this has helped!

~good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment