Friday, October 22, 2010

My 17 year old daughter dating an looser. How do I get her away from him without losing her?

I have a 17 year old daughter who has been dating a 26 year old man. He lied about his age. We have all but forbid her to see him. In our state she is considered an adult and could move out if she wanted to. They have now been dating fo 8 months. I know he is so wrong for her. We have always been a very close family. She was always respectful. I don't feel like I even know her anymore.



He talks disrespectful to her. He plays so rough with her. She has bruises from the ';playing';. She had a bruise on her head from one of their games. So hit his own head with a remote control several times until he had bruises. He took a picture of it and put it on his facebook and said his girlfriend abuses him. I asked her about a bruise on her arm. She said, she told him to punch her as hard as he could, and he did! I do believe her stories as to how the bruising has accrued. But why would a guy even play so hard as to hurt a girl? The facebook picture is also so odd. Its as if he is setting it up to show people he was abused to justify if something ever happens to her. So weired. He gets upset if she wants to spend time with any of her family. If she is able to have time away he send texts nonstop. It feels like he wants to manipulate all her time. He is so moody, he will get upset with her over such small things. She worries if she has to tell him she want to be with family. He has spoken to me rudely. At this point we no longer allow him in our home.

He has no car, she has to pay for many activities they do together. He lives at home with his parents. We no longer let her use her car to date him. He told her when they first started dating he was getting his car fixed. It has been 8 months. Finally his father took her out to his car and showed her that nothing was wrong with it. He just didn't want to pay the insurance. So he has his mom pick her up. Even his own mother tells him to stop treating her like he does.

We have talked and talked with her. I asked her ';What does he do for you?' She can honestly say she doesn't know. She says, ';there is just something about him.'; He has talked about marrying her. My husband told her not only he would not give her away, we would not attend a wedding between them. She says she would not consider marring him at this point. He says the strangest things. He told her he wanted to get her pregnant and take the baby from her. (I made her get on birth control) He announced at a family dinner he was going to take her away from us. He says these things in a joking manner. I find them so bizaar. She says I am ready to much into everything.



I know everyone is going to say the age alone is reason to forbid her dating. I agree, but at this point she is ';in love';. I am afraid she will just move out and then who knows how he would treat her. His previous girlfriends parents forbid her to see him. She moved out and didn't speak for 2 years. Am I over reacting or could this lead to physical abuse? How do I get her to see this he is all wrong for her?My 17 year old daughter dating an looser. How do I get her away from him without losing her?
i am 17 years old married to a 20 year old.(we have a kid) dont judge me please.but from someone who can relate to your daughter...she wont listen to you.this is one thing she has to figure out on her own.the only thing you can do is be there for her.telling her not to see him will only make her do it more.if i were you i would let him over your house . at least while their there you can somewhat moniter what they doMy 17 year old daughter dating an looser. How do I get her away from him without losing her?
ground her! shes only 17.. she can't move out, your the parent you should have the control. I did the same thing with my mom and now I look back and regret the loser I went out with. I wish my mom would have just locked me up.. haha jk.. but you should have the control.. Good Luck :)
whoa o.o you should beat that kid in the face if you ever see aother bruise on your daughter again. it's better to get arrested then see your daughter suffer, right?
  • better liquid make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment