Sunday, December 11, 2011

Quick advice needed re online dating w/ Chinese girl?

For the past few months I've been talking with a girl from China online, and on Skype. We seem to hit it off and would chat or talk pretty much every day, some days for a number of hours. On the days when one of us wouldn't be on for some reason, there would always be an email.



Over the past 2 weeks she's become somewhat distant, not being online nearly as much, and not really saying much when she is. And even when we talk she'll do things like.. well I kind of feel silly mentioning this, but you know those little emoticons of flowers and things in msn, she used to put a couple of them up before saying goodnight, and now there's nothing, just a ';goodnight, talk later';. I know that sounds petty but when combined with the being distant, it's something I've noticed.



I've asked her if she's started seeing someone, and she said no. I know we've just been talking but I really felt like we had made a connection and we had even discussed me coming over to visit her in a couple months' time, and she seemed receptive, even suggesting places we could visit.



I've read things online about how Chinese girls sometimes play ';hard to get'; to see if a guy is really interested in her, but I don't know if that's real or just a stereotype. She seems to be more toward the modern end of the traditional-modern spectrum.



My question is: has something similar happened to others, and if so, what was the outcome? Or if there are any Chinese girls reading this, do you have any advice? I really thought we had hit it off but then it seemed to take a downturn. Would I be rude to ask her outright why she's being distant? She did say she wasn't seeing anyone, but..



I'm a little frustrated :( Thanks for any advice.Quick advice needed re online dating w/ Chinese girl?
Wow, all girls can play 'hard to get'. Not just Chinese girls. But it's possible that she's just not interested. That she had fun talking to you and stuff.. but, things changed? Or, it's something you did. You might of offended her or something. Maybe did something that put her off? It's up in the air. Talk to her about it and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment